So I did my first super rough pressure sensor DJ controller.
1. Install FSR Tutorial. I used the Force Sensitive Resistor from Interlink [http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9376]. They have the right square size, are super-thin, and accurate enough to sense the pressure of a dancer’s foot on the ground.
The picture is an ideal setup for the shoe pad, I need two force sensors for each shoe (one for the heel and one for the toe), and a wireless transmitter per shoe to capture the pressure applied on each of the sensors.
2. Connect FSR to OpenFramework (analog pin = FSR weight)
3. touchOSC interface: Sliders control track’s wave visual and some filters (only activated 2 sliders now)
4. touchOSC interface2 : each push = one sound effect (Unit FX) ( Only activate 3 for now)
5. OSCulator: in Audio MIDI Setup. Connect your phone to computer,
*check your IP address in your touchOSC
*set the same OSC input port in OSCulator, OF and TouchOSC ( I used 12345)
* Once it connected, OSCulator will read all the input from your phone and shows the path you created from OF. I named those physical controller ‘mouse’ and ‘shoe’.
6. Remapping each midiCC channel into Traktor. Choose target from “add in” and assign it by click on “Learn”. It will automatically detects the input and assign it with the your button/sensor/etc. Device: Generic MIDI, In-Port: OSCulator.
7. Whole setup look like this (so shitty now :/)